Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hidden Pools is Born

So why hidden pools? I've been thinking about an outdoor adventure blog for some time now. Over the years I have had the good fortune of exploring and fly fishing some incredible outdoor locales in the Western US (WA, OR, ID and MT). As I get older and starting thinking about the places I've been I wonder how they will change over time. What will the landscape look like? What will the fish runs be like? How will we change the wilderness area around us?

Also my sense of adventure and passion for the outdoors is small compared to my good friend and blog partner Grant. He is a true fly fishing "bum" (in the best sense of the word) in that most free weekend he spends seeking out fly fishing opportunities: often spending weekends by himself in wilderness areas. I look forward to hearing about his various adventures.

Now this will sound sappy but both Grant and I have young children. I think it would be an interesting legacy to our children to see the places we have explored, hiked, and fished. Who knows maybe one day when they are old enough they will want to retrace the places we have been. Hopefully the hidden pools of today will still be a great treasure in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment